Well its here – the season officially starts at the end of this week! And with the start of the season comes the start of weekly emails from me!
So here we go – Activities for this week:
1. Thursday, August 25 – Preview Night – this is where we get to see the start of “Waves”. Its always fun to see how the show progresses from this night to Championship night. Preview night is held in the stadium so meet us there. We will start the evening with a parent meeting at 7:30 to go over some things for the season as well as let you know where we may still have volunteer needs and give some details on what is being planned for this year’s spring trip. The MZB will then give us a preview beginning at 8:00. If you have any snack stand donations, feel free to bring them with you to the stadium so we can put them right in the stand.
2. Friday, August 26 – Home football game. The MZB performs pregame at home games starting at about 6:45.
Chaperones are Cathy Haller, Sandy Ball, Tammie Tacker, Cheryl Schuster, and Judi Sommer. Report time to the band room is 5:45 pm.
Gator driver – John Ball. Report time at the garage is 6:00 pm
1. Fundraisers – questions – please contact Tara Issermoyer
a. Buffalo Wild Wings – there is still time to help support the MZB. This fundraiser expires on 8/31 so tell your family and friends there is still time left. More information is available on our Facebook page (Whitehall Music Information Page)or website Whitehallmusic.com
b. Krispy Kreme donuts – orders are due 9/1. This is a great way to earn money for your student account
c. Spirit magnets – are on sale. Some should be available on Preview Night for $5 each. Another way to earn money for your student account
d. Candy bars – are also still available for sale
2. Volunteer/Donation opportunities:
3. Save the Date – our end of the year banquet will be Sunday, May 7, 2017 at the American Club in Coplay
Well I think that is enough for this week. Thank you for your support and see you Thursday!